Saturday 19 December 2009

...and we're back

Top Ten Things I Don't Miss About the Cold

1.  Getting into the car before it has heated up
2.  Having to constantly change clothes upon entering and exiting buildings and cars
3.  Adding another reason to the list of why I don't feel like exercising today
4.  Once it's dark, you stay inside
5.  Inclement weather driving
6.  Iced coffee and cream are not viable solutions to any situation
7.  The beach sucks
8.  The only things to do inside are watch tv and eat
9.  Getting out of the hot tub is almost not worth getting in
10.  There are much more cold alcoholic beverages than there are warm ones.


Other than that, it's nice to be home for a short period of time.  I am very quickly finding out that all the things I like about home are not geographically fixed to the area, so in theory one day they can come back to California with me.  As always, things seem to be pretty much the same.  The one major difference is that the music, movies, shows, jokes, and general everyday things that I've been doing are different than almost everyone else I know here, so I'm constantly adjusting to conversation and inside jokes.

Main Point:  I'm glad I live in Southern California right now, but I dont think I'd appreciate it nearly as much if I wasn't home for the holidays...and Im lucky enough to bring some of my favorite west coast things with me for a bit while I'm here.

Still not expecting any girls to come out of nowhere and suprise me so it should happen soon.

No comments: